Tuesday 17 April 2012

Lee's View of Rwanda ...

I asked my travel companions if they would like to put pen to paper and sum up what they felt they got from our trip to Rwanda, this is what Lee had to say ...


"My trip to Rwanda was an experience I will never forget, it was exactly as it was advertised as "discover Rwanda". The experiences we had were educational and moving, from the highs of meeting dignitaries and visiting parliament to the very shocking visit to the memorial centre at Murumbi Hill. I have returned with a much clearer insight into why and how the genocide happened, and a high level of respect for the people who deal with the aftermath on a daily basis.


I am still thinking about which causes to support and how my school can establish a meaningful link with a school in Rwanda but I will definitely do something to try and help".


Lee Batchford

No comments:

Post a Comment